Thursday, April 30, 2009

Grace and Mercy

Lately I've been experiencing a lot of awesomeness this past week. Here's an update:

- Housing inquiries have been pouring in, even from people that sound very sketch on emails. Also, very special thanks for Joses and Jorge for helping out with showing the house. Pray that things will go smoothly, and for others who still haven't found sublets.

- I'm making up my failed TPM by taking a speech & presentations course down at UofT for about 6 weeks during my work term. To my surprise, my academic advisor (Prof Harder) was actually understanding of my situation.

- Just got all my marks back. Ended up with a low 70, two low 60s, and two low 50s, making an average of 59.6....totally God's work here. They will have to review my previous marks to decide whether or not I pass the term since it's under the absolute pass line of 59.8.

- Found out that one of my friends in class finally found a job...surprisingly at AMD as well! Guess I'll be seeing 3 people from my class at work now. Still, prayer for those who are looking for jobs.



This week has been semi-productive. Hung out with some people I haven't seen for a while. I managed to get bingo'd at BBT on Tuesday night somehow....all the other guys decided to go home early. It was quite an awkward experience. It went something like this...names changed for obvious reasons:

Girl 1: "Did you hear about what happened about Andy and Sara?"
Girl 2: "No, what happened?"
Girl 1: "Apparently, Sara flew all the way back to visit Andy, and he dumped her on the spot"
Girl 3: "You mean my ex? Oh...my...gawwwsh!!"
Girl 2: "Are you serious? How could he?"

I sat there thinking to myself...yeah, I'm a guy...totally can't relate to this. (Jon Lin, I need advice.)

Oh, and I managed to put the first collision on my mom's semi-new van. I put a palm-sized dent on the rear right because I backed out of the garage and hit my dad's side mirror. Thankfully, (a) I wasn't the first to hit my dad's car, and (b) only paint was scraped off the mirror. But yeah. As a son of a driving instructor, I'm quite a terrible driver.

5 comments:

b.p. said...

sounds like an interesting start to your work-term!

Jorge said...

prayer++

jlin said...

-_- Why me??

my advice to those type of situations is to say nothing. Cuz that just sounds like a bad conversation to jump in.

Over the years, I've realized that life can be difficult enough talking to one girl at any given time. Being stuck in a group of girls is rather...yeah. ><

No offense to any girls out there. My level of tact has not gotten better over the years. =P

Jo said...

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID when i first read it!! "What?! Why would you ask Jon Lin?!" haha (sorry, it's true, my mom can attest, she asked me what all the yelling was about over the phone. =P) I guess given his recent post, he might have some clout.

That's all I wanted to say. I was just going to leave it and then jlin said it himself. =P

p.s. yea, never get into a conversation with ONLY chatty girls...

Unknown said...

you should pseudo relate!

Lonely Driver: NO WAI! SRSLY?! WHT A ASSHOLE?! SHE FLEW ALL DAT WAI DERE!!! ZOMG LOL WTF BBQ!!!

PUT YOUR GUNZ ON

one one one one one!!!