Wednesday, April 22, 2009

End of term reflections

So 3A has drawn to a close. Things to praise God for!

1) Done exams! Maybe not the best exams written, but God did help me through them. Whether or not I pass them is another story, which I'll explain later.

2) I got a job early at AMD/ATI as my first and only interview this term. Given the economic situation, this is truly a blessing.


Prayers for others:

1) Tim Ng still needs to find a sublet, along with a bunch of others including Alex Yu.

2) Pray for people looking for jobs. Very very tough to find jobs now. There are even some people in my class who are still unemployed.


So I have three things that I need prayer for:

1) Marks. I thought I'd be able to put a ton of more effort this term and be able to achieve at least a 75 average, but I fell short again. Seems like this happens every term...I only end up working super hard as exams approach. Really up to God on this one.

2) Another school related thing: my TPM. It's a presentation that I had to do back in 2A that I failed, and I completely forgot about redoing it or taking the make-up course for it. Apparently I can't go on to 3B if I don't clear it. I'll be talking to the coordinator tomorrow. Up to God on this one as well.

3) Housing. Still haven't found a sublet for next term. I have about a week to find someone.


Extra stuff:

During the exam time, my relationship with God has dwindled. My big study bible has been sitting on the floor for quite some time now, and I know it's wrong to just call on God only when I'm in tight situations. Despite this, I know that God allowed these things to happen to me. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm ready to face what God has in store for me for the upcoming months, whether or not it will be to my liking. Whatever it is, I know I will benefit from it. He truly gives and takes away.

No comments: